Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pompeii, Sorrento, Naples.

Yeah I suck at updating recently, I know! But I'm currently at Heathrow headed home and I have a few hours to kill so I will make it up to you :] Here are my adventures in Sorrento, Pompeii, Naples, and a few from Arezzo. Pompeii was amazing, of course. Probably the best place I have been to Classics-wise. I mean it is literally like a place frozen in time and I just had to stand and think "wow...this is exactly what I want to study the rest of my life." I mean breathtaking doesn't even begin to describe the euphoria of seeing a place like Pompeii for the first time. I felt in complete awe of the people who lived here, of the discoverers, and the archaeologists who preserved and maintained such an astounding piece of our past world. Amazing. We stayed in Sorrento, not too far from Naples & Pompeii, which is located right on the Bay of Naples. Absolutely gorgeous. We stayed here for two nights before heading to Arezzo for a night and then back to Switzerland. So here are the pictures!

Bay of Naples
Sorrento
Archaeology Museum of Naples
Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius in the back
Thermopolium (fast food of Rome) 
Amber: future for Liberal Arts students :]
HAVE = welcome (latin)

House of the Faun
Ecstasy 

Amphitheater

Alexander Mosaic!
Pompeii
Plaster casts of people who died at Pompeii.
Beyond cool. 

Arezzo

Molly, Scott, & I in Montepulciano, Tuscany

No comments:

Post a Comment